Dates: 24th – 30th June 2018
Working with transparency on a Sea theme
Various materials are useful for working with transparency some are quite obvious, others less so. This course looks at materials that you may or may not be used to with the intention of exploiting transparency, and with it, absence and presence of materiel.
Almost any subject can be used for the exploitation of transparency in textile art, but this year’s course will take the local seaside as the starting point for inspiration. Coastal plant life, the forms of pebbles or sea shells left on the beach, the sea foam or waves, could all offer substantial inspiration for working with transparency. Encouraging you to work from this superb base of inspiration
The course deals with:
- Exploiting synthetic fabrics, layering and burning.
- paper and hand-made paper – using transparency and creating lacy effects
- fine work with silk fibres,
- Print methods and transparency
- Appropriate methods of embroidering the different surfaces, including use of soluble fabrics, are also covered.
- 920 Full board own room
- 870€ Sharing
- 395€ Non-embroiderer sharing
- Self-catering on application